Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Testing Week


On Tuesday, the kids started the annual CRCT testing week. As a parent, I LOVE testing week. First of all, I impose an earlier bedtime during testing week. I only make them go to bed 30 minutes earlier, but that means Mommy time starts 30 minutes earlier, too!



Another thing I like about testing week is that the kids don't have the usual amounts of homework. When they come home from school, they can just be kids and play. Since testing week occurs later in the school year, the weather is usually nice so the kids play outside.



Every morning I make special breakfasts. On a normal morning, the kids fix their own breakfast. Usually it's something like a bowl of cereal or fruit and yogurt. During testing week, I make hearty breakfasts such as bacon & eggs, and sausage & biscuits. I have to wake up a little earlier to do this, but the kids really enjoy the special meal.


It's time to get my middle schooler out the door for his second day of testing. Happy Testing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment