Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Treats

While Easter shopping, I picked up this Wilton candy mold at Michael's. What a great idea! Take an Oreo cookie and cover it in melted white chocolate!



A couple of weeks before Easter, I purchased some melting candies and Oreo cookies for this project. By the time I got around to making these, the Oreos were all gone. It was probably best because they were the Double Stuff ones and I don't think they would have worked.


Less than a week before Easter now and everything is okay. More Oreos have been purchased.
I melted the candies - I chose four different colors. This was the biggest pain -I recommend purchasing 3 or 4 microwave ovens so you don't have to wait on each color!


Here's Hannah painting a bunny image with some of the candy coating.





Child labor laws in Georgia are pretty lax, so I put Hannah and a friend to work.



The important part, putting the Oreo in the mold.



Finished treats.


I was able to eat just one. It reminded me of the White Fudge Oreos. It was a bit too much and this is coming from someone with a very bad sweet tooth! The kids had fun with them and I got stuck cleaning up all the bowls of hardened coating!

No comments:

Post a Comment