Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Bunny Cake

When the kids were younger, we made an Easter Bunny cake around Easter time. For the last couple of years, we haven't gotten around to it, so this year, the kids requested that we make one.


We started with just a plain white cake mix. Baked into 2 round pans. We had some extra cake batter, so we made a few cupcakes, too.



I shaved off the top of the left cake to make it flatter. That is the one I used for the ears. I left the other one rounded for the bunny's face.



I cut 2 ears and then what remained in the center becomes a bow tie.



Then position all the parts on a foil covered cookie sheet.



I covered the entire cake with white canned frosting.



Then I let Hannah cover the bunny head with coconut.



Then she decorated the face.




I let the kids decorate the cupcakes.

Hannah showing her creations.


Finished bunny cake and cupcakes.

2 comments: