Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Skidaway Island State Park

We left for our little spring break trip shortly after 9 on Sunday morning. It was an uneventful, 4 1/2 hour drive down to our destination. I love driving south and watching the car thermometer go up as we drive south! By the time we arrived in Savannah, it was nearly 80 degrees!

Once we selected our campsite at Skidaway Island State Park, we set up our tent. Thankfully we still had the instructions! It had been a while since we had used it.



I was so excited to find a state park in Savannah. I think Savannah is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I love the Spanish moss that hangs everywhere.


On Monday morning, we hiked on one of the trails at the park. The kids were excited to see the salt marshes and look for crabs.





We looked and looked for those little fiddler crabs. We found some anole lizards though.


And we saw the state flower of Georgia, the Cherokee Rose. Thank goodness for signs along the trail, or we may not have been able to identify this.


And at the end of our hike, we finally saw some tiny fiddler crabs. Once we saw one, we saw lots more. Either they were hiding earlier on our hike or we just missed seeing them.

All ready for bed.


This one is already out for the night.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting these lovely pictures! My husband and I are planning a camping trip for our 8th anniversary, and I think we found our campground. It looks gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Crystal! I appreciate your comment. I hope you and your husband enjoy the camping trip!

    ReplyDelete