Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Our New Tramampoline

(Yes, I'm aware that I spelled trampoline incorrectly in my title. I spelled it the way Homer Simpson pronounces it.)


Several years ago, we inherited a trampoline from friends who were moving. (We miss you, R & D!) We enjoyed it for a few years before it broke beyond repair. The kids have been begging for a new one ever since.

And until now, I had been putting it off. Trampolines make me nervous. I'm fine with my own kids jumping on it, I just get nervous when other kids are on it. What I do like is that it disguises exercise as fun. When we had our old trampoline, my kids spent hours jumping on it each week.

Anyway....we surprised the kids with a trip to Sam's Club to get the trampoline. Of course this one didn't come pre-assembled.

First they laid out the base pieces.


Then they assembled those pieces.


There was a particular order for attaching the springs to the frame. My husband was constantly having to go from one side of the trampoline to the other.


It only came with one tool to attach the springs, otherwise I could have helped! (Yeah, right!)


Then they tied the protector over the edge of the frame and springs. (I did help with that part.)


Happy children!

By the time we were at this point of the assembly, it was just about dinner time, so we did not put up the enclosure. That will have to wait until another day. Note that my son is getting ready to jump onto the trampoline from the playground. He has been told that once the enclosure is up, he can't do that anymore. He first got the idea to do that from his Dad when we had the old trampoline!


Two days later we got around to putting up the enclosure.



The finished trampoline.

Big kid jumping on new enclosed trampoline.

No comments:

Post a Comment