Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

One of my Favorite Things

Once I discovered that butter was better than margarine, I did a little happy dance. The problem though, is that you can't leave butter out for too long before it goes rancid. While visiting my sister a few months ago, she introduced me to the butter bell. It is a little crock for butter which keeps it soft and fresh for up to 30 days.

This is a picture of the butter bell that I purchased. (not my kitchen). Every 3 days I have to switch out the water in the crock. I probably end up doing it more frequently than that.


Here's how it works:

I love being able to use softened butter on my toast! So that is the butter bell, definitely one of my favorite things!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I could introduce you to it! We were given our butter bell a year ago by Warwick's sister. I've discovered it's too hot in the summer to use it (in Vegas, at least), but it works like a charm the rest of the year. :)

    ReplyDelete