Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Scrapbooking Room

In our basement, we have a small room or large closet, about 9 feet x 6 feet. (I used a ruler to get an approximate measurement of the room - I wasn't especially careful in my technique). It is possible that it was going to be a bathroom, but it wasn't stubbed. There are a couple of electrical outlets as well as a phone outlet. There are no windows in it, so my husband didn't want it as an office. So for the first few years of living here, it was just a storage room.

Then about 3 or 4 years later, we decided to turn it into a scrapbooking room. I got it all set up for scrapbooking. The idea was that I would have a place where I could leave my work in progress and it wouldn't get disturbed by the kids (or husband). But to be honest, I don't think I ever scrapped in there. When the kids were younger, I didn't have a lot of time to work on my scrapbooks. So I would go on a couple of scrapbooking retreats each year. I would complete 50-60 pages on each retreat which helped me to be not too far behind on my scrapbooking.

Well after each retreat, I would just dump my supplies into the room. I would straighten it up every now and then, but I never did a very thorough job. Flash forward several years, and my scrapbooking room looked like this:


The month of May is National Scrapbooking month. I really want to get back into scrapping, so I decided to tackle the room. And this time, I was pretty thorough. I am pleased to announce that today, the room is done. I still want to do something with the walls, but the room is now ready for me to start scrapbooking again.


Here is the finished room.



Here are some closer before/after pics.


Work table before


Work table after


Shelving Unit before
Shelving unit after

Counter before


Counter after


And inside the cabinets. I didn't take pics of them before. Use your imagination.


I am excited to start scrapbooking again! I haven't been on any retreats in a couple of years. I did do about 20 pages this fall at home, but that's all. I think I'm up to 2007. That's only 4 years behind. Then there are baby albums that need to be done, too.

Happy National Scrapbooking Month!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wanna come organize my stamp room next?!?!? :-) Great job Laurie - hope you have lots of productive time in your newly organized space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marilyn! Let's see if I am able to keep the room looking that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzannah WashburnMay 15, 2011 at 3:41 PM

    There is not enough room for a neighbor to join you though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This scrapbooking room looks great. Do you get the magazine "Where Women Create." I found it awhile back at Barnes and noble. There is also one out from the same company "Where Women Cook?" Been checking out your blog.But why the name 40 something mom, you look maybe early 30 something. It and you look great!
    Take care,
    Terri Foschini

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Terri! I will have to check those magazines out. I am not familiar with them. Thanks also for the comment about the title! I am well into my 40's now, but I appreciate you saying I look like I'm in my 30's! I was 30 when my son was born. He's 13 now.

    ReplyDelete