Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

What am I reading?

It's been a slow week for reading. I guess you could say life got in the way. Between dance recitals and a visiting mother-in-law, I just didn't get much time to sit and read.

Since I posted last week, I read book 4 in the Flower Shop series. Another cute, light read.



I finished Katie Fforde's "A Perfect Proposal". Loved it! Definitely up there as one of my favorite books by her. British chick lit is one of my favorite genres.



I did not finish "A Wrinkle in Time". I read the first 8 pages (actually it was less than that because it started with page 3) before book club. I had waited closer to the date of the book club to read it so it would be fresh in mind. When I first joined the book club, I would read the books months in advance. But with all the reading that I do, the plots and details would get all mixed up with other books. So my philosophy of late has been to read the book the week of or before we discuss it. I started it just 2 days before we met and that was right in the middle of the dance weekend and visiting mother-in-law. Right before I went to book club, I went to SparkNotes.com to read a summary about it. After reading that, I had very little interest in reading the book at all. Maybe that's why I never read it when I was a kid??? It was amusing to hear from the other ladies at book club, that several of them enjoyed it more when they read it as a child than when they reread it for book club! I sort of feel badly for not liking it because it's the 1963 Newberry Award winning book!





I am now reading book 5 in the Flower Shop series. This is definitely more my speed.


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment