Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Happy Anniversary to Me!

My husband and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary today. I thought it would be fun to look at some pics from our wedding. Since this was way before the digital age, I don't have the pictures to just upload. I could have scanned them, but that would have been time consuming. Instead, I took pictures of my wedding scrapbook.

Let me warn you, my wedding pictures were some of my first attempts at scrapbooking. My techniques have definitely evolved over the years!

Here is the first page in the scrapbook.

Getting ready with my bridesmaids.


Various family members and friends before the ceremony.

All the bridesmaids and groomsmen.
Groomsmen: friend, brother of groom, friend, friend, brother of groom
Bridesmaids: cousin, college roommate, sister of the bride, friend, friend



We rode in a limo from the church to the reception. We stopped off at a nursing home to visit an elderly relative of mine who couldn't come to the wedding. We didn't have much time because we were only renting the limo for an hour, so we were running down the halls of the nursing home in our wedding attire!


Cake time - 2 different flavors. Chocolate with chocolate mousse filling and White chocolate with white chocolate mousse filling.

Chris with 3 of his groomsmen.


Here I am with both of my grandmothers. Grandma Swain (on the left) passed away in 1998 and Grandma Sylvia (on the right) passed away just last year in 2010.

Getting into my teal Toyota Tercel and leaving the reception.


Our wedding was at 11:30 in the morning followed by a sit down lunch at the Ritz Charles in Carmel, Indiana. The reception ended by 4pm so they facility could prepare for the evening round of events. Chris and I made a quick stop at my parents' home before driving on to St. Louis for our honeymoon. We were only there for 2 nights because I had to be back to work on Tuesday.

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea Laurie! I loved it. Happy Anniversary! 20 yrs. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it was Dawn that said that! Forgot the google account is in Dave's name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dave! I mean Dawn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete