Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Dance Recital and Company Showcase

This was the weekend of the Studio Dance Inc. dance recital. What an exhausting weekend! On Thursday, Hannah had her company dress rehearsal. On Friday, she had a dress rehearsal with the 3 & 4 year old class that she was leading. Saturday was the actual recital day. She performed in both the morning and afternoon recitals. The company showcase was on Sunday afternoon.

I took a bunch of pictures during the dress rehearsals and a few during the performances, but the pics didn't turn out well. Our camera just doesn't do a very good job with action photos. It could also be user error. The picture lighting was better without the flash, but then it if there was any movement, it blurred. I'm hoping some of my friends had better luck with the pics on stage!



Here is a picture of Hannah leading the little girls. Hannah was thrilled to be chosen as a class leader. It wasn't that long ago that her classes had leaders! (Hannah's the tall one - in case you didn't figure that out)


This was Hannah's first year in a dance company. When asked what her favorite part about being in the company was, she answered, "the opening number". The opening number was a 17 minute mash up of songs from the Wii game Just Dance 2. Each individual company group had their own song to dance to. There was also a song for the parents. Hannah really wanted me to participate, so I made my dancing debut this weekend. Hannah's company danced to "It's Raining Men" and my group danced to "Wake Me Up Before I Go Go" by Wham.

Here I am with Hannah in our opening number outfits waiting back stage. Each group had to wear black, white and an assigned 3rd color. Hannah's company wore turquoise and the parents wore yellow. I'm not a yellow kind of person.


Here is the parent group on stage. I'm in the center, just to the left a bit. It was quite the workout. We had 4 outside practices for 1 1/2 hours each. I was sweating with the oldies each week!


Hannah insisted on putting on her own make-up.


I love those freckles!


Posing with some of her Vibe friends.


The performance on Sunday was just for the company. Each company performed all of their dances. At the end of the showcase, each group was called up on stage and introduced. Hannah's in the Vibe company and here she is with some of her fellow dancers.

We've had a great experience with the dance company this year. Hannah is auditioning next weekend for the 2011-12 companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment