Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day




Mother's Day always warrants a phone call to my mom. However, this year, it's a little more complicated. My mom is somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. My parents left on Monday for a 3 week cruise. They left from Fort Lauderdale and are making their way to Rome. Once in Rome, they go to the Mediterranean where they will be visiting Italy, Greece, Turkey, and the Canary Islands. She left me a phone number, but I know she would not want me to call her at the $7.99 per minute rates for shipboard phone calls. She's sensible that way.


So in honor of my mom on Mother's Day, here is a portrait that my sister did of Mom's high school graduation picture.




Here's a picture from 2009 of my sister and me with Mom and our daughters.



And some Mother's Day humor.


My mom actually did have a super hero cape. She wore it when she was PTO president to promote the school's spring (or fall?) festival. Happy Mother's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment