Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Last Day of School


The last day of school. It's barely a half day of school today for my 13 year old. His school day starts at 9:15 and today he will be dismissed at 12:30! He usually gets out at 4:15. Hannah's school day starts at 7:50 and will get out at 1:30 today. She almost has a full day - she normally gets out at 2:20.

I always have lots of good intentions for summer. Usually they fall wayside. Will this year be different? I think I am going to continue setting my alarm each day. During the school year, I wake up at 6:15. I'm thinking of setting it to 7:00 or so for the summer. In past summers, I haven't set an alarm at all unless I needed to be somewhere and then before you know it, a good part of the day has been wasted.


Since I have been trying to lose weight, (I'm down 12 pounds so far!) I am going to make an effort to exercise in the morning. I am hoping that by setting a good example, the rest of the family will follow my lead.


We've signed the kids up for some summer camps. James has a week of Boy Scout camp in June and a week of band camp in July. Hannah is going to a short dance camp (only 2 hours a day) while James is at Boy Scout camp and will be going to Girl Scout resident camp for a week in July which overlaps with James' band camp. If she makes dance company again next year, she will have an intensive dance camp in July, too.



The neighborhood pool opens this weekend. I foresee some afternoons at the pool with friends. This year James is old enough to go on his own. I'm not sure I'm ready for that.



The kids will be spending a week with their grandparents in Indiana while my husband and I go away on our anniversary trip next month. We are also trying to find some good weekend getaways to do.


For part of the summer, James will be taking care of his science teacher's class ferrets. We had them over winter break in February. They were lots of fun - though smelly. Not sure where we'll be putting them when they're here.



And no summer vacation would be complete without some fighting (between James & Hannah) and yelling (me directed at fighting children).

No comments:

Post a Comment