Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fake Camping

We have some friends who invited us to do some "fake camping". A couple of times a year, they reserve a Yurt at Red Top Mountain. They invite us to join them for the day so we can enjoy the scenery and company without going to all the trouble of setting up our own camp site. Since this was just days after our "real camping" trip, we were pleased to only be "fake camping" this time.

This is S & E's campsite.

Here is my son playing on one of the nearby rocks.


Here's our dog, Snickers. We didn't take her with us on our real camping trip because we didn't want her to be left in the car while we were exploring Tybee & Savannah. We let her off her leash for a good part of our afternoon - look how happy she is! She eventually wondered off, so then the leash went back on.

Another family/mutual friends met us at the campsite via their boat. They took all of the kids out on the lake.

My daughter was pretty disappointed that I didn't tell her to bring her swim suit. What was I thinking? She had fun floating around on the tube though. And she stayed dry for the most part.


Here I am with the other wives.


The husband and me - I'm not really this tall. I was standing on a rock.


We had a nice, peaceful afternoon with our friends. Thanks S & E!

No comments:

Post a Comment