Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Reading the Classics

Another month, another classic book to read. I did enjoy reading Pride and Prejudice last month. And with the completion of it, I was able to cross one book off the list of "books I should have read".


This month I have selected to read To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I bought a copy of it at Barnes and Nobles this spring with the plan to read it. It was not available as a Kindle freebie, at least when I was looking. It sounds like this might be a bit heavier subject matter than Pride & Prejudice. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, To Kill a Mockingbird might be heavier subject matter, but it's a relatively light, easy read. My parents gave it to me for my birthday when I turned eleven. I really enjoyed it, and have read it several times since. It helps that it's from the kids' point of view. I saw it as more of an insight into the life of kids in the deep south in the 1950's. The movie is good, too. You gotta love Gregory Peck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jennifer! I haven't started it yet, but I feel a little better about it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you made it through P & P, To Kill A Mockingbird will be a breeze...it is definitely a must read for any/all ages! I read it as a teen and re-read it in my 3o's, Robbie just read it last yr. as a Freshman in HS...don't put it off!-a 40's+ Friend!
    PS...Now I need to tackle P & P...at least it's not as cumbersome as War & Peace! : )

    ReplyDelete