Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Cupcake Wars - Battle 1

Last night was the big Cupcake War that my friend Sue hosted. I had been practicing for the last few weeks. And to be honest, I am SICK of cupcakes! OMG! I could not even taste any of the cupcakes last night.



The rules: no cake mixes and no premade frosting. The theme was summer.



Here is my entry. I ended up with Butter Beer cupcakes. I got the recipe from the Cupcake Adventures blog.


Lemonade cupcakes made by Sue

Blueberry-Lemon cupcakes

S'more cupcakes


Corn on the cob cupcakes


Peach Bourbon cupcakes

A Day at the Beach cupcakes - pumpkin with orange cream cheese icing.

The judges had the fun job of tasting each cupcake.

Hannah & Tyler were special "kid" judges.


The kids choice award went to Jennifer for her S'mores cupcakes.

The winner of the "Best Tasting" cupcake went to me & my Butter Beer cupcakes!

Best Cupcake Appearance & Overall Cupcake winner went to the host, Sue

Sue graciously gave up one of her prizes so it was given to the 2nd place winner which was the Day at the Beach cupcake made by Susan. I didn't get a picture of Susan with her prize.

It was a fun evening! Though I am in no hurry to make any more cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment