Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Back from Girl Scout Camp

On Thursday, I was in the basement at my computer. When I went upstairs, my cell phone chirped, notifying me that I had a voice mail message. I had my phone with me in the basement, but phone service is quirky unless I'm on the main level of the house. Anyway, I listened to my message and it was someone from camp telling me that "Hannah was alright, but she had fallen off a horse". I panicked a bit. I envisioned my baby girl with a broken leg or something. There was a second message which gave me a phone number to call back. I called back and spoke with someone at the horse barn and she said that Hannah was at the nurse's , but reiterated that Hannah was alright. She said that Hannah had wanted to get back on the horse again, but they had insisted that she go be checked out by the nurse.

The next 24 hours passed by slowly. I had missed Hannah, but now I wanted to see her even more. Finally, Friday late morning, it was time to drive up to Armuchee, GA to pick up our girl. The camp staggers checkout times so they are not rushed with all the parents at the same time, but luckily for us, Hannah was in the first group to be checked out.


All of the horse riders got to "demonstrate" their horse skills for the parents before they left camp.


Hannah is riding Cody. She said she had to change horses a lot. She was riding a horse named "Little Man" when she fell off. She had ridden him in previous years.

Here's Hannah's camp buddy, Callie, riding Velvet.

Hannah loved riding the horses! She would have her own horse is she could!

It was a 90 minute drive back home from Camp Misty Mountain. For the first 30 minutes or so, Hannah talked nonstop about camp. This is what she did for the rest of the drive home.

We are glad to have our baby girl home!

No comments:

Post a Comment