Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

New Cupcake Store!

A new cupcake store opened in downtown Powder Springs this past week, so James & I decided to check it out.


The Lily Torte Baking Company is within walking distance of our house! However, with the 90+ degree weather, we drove for our first trip to the bakery. I didn't think the butter cream icing would stand up to the heat!

We bought 4 different cupcakes. James & I carefully selected one for each of the family members. They were packaged very safely, which was appreciated. Nothing like getting home and finding your cupcakes had fallen over.


James chose the Red Velvet cupcake. It had a nice cream cheese frosting and sprinkled with chocolate chips. He picked the Cookies & Cream one for his sister. (She's a big cookies & cream fanatic!). I tasted some of her frosting and it was absolutely delicious. It tasted like an Oreo!


I had the Key Lime cupcake. The butter cream icing had a key lime flavor and was yummy! I haven't played around with flavors in my butter cream yet. Will definitely have to try that soon. For Chris we got the Simple Simon which is just a chocolate cupcake with chocolate icing.

The price for the 4 cupcakes was not unreasonable. I think it was about $10.50 for 4. We went to another gourmet cupcake bakery this past winter in Dunwoody and it was $14 for 4 cupcakes! At that price, I expect a whole cake!!! Anyway.....we enjoyed the cupcakes and will definitely go back to Lily Torte!

No comments:

Post a Comment