Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Blueberry Peach Crisp

Hannah and I were picking up a few things at Publix today. I always spend more money when I take her to the store! She noticed that blueberries were on sale, 2 pints for $5, so she asked if we could get some. Since she was asking for fresh fruit and not candy (she asked for the candy later), I smiled and said "sure". Then we passed by some more fruit. It was a display of the most fragrant Georgia peaches. They were on sale, too, so we selected a few peaches, too.

Later, when we got home, I started thinking about what I could do with those peaches and blueberries. We only eat dessert twice a week, on Fridays and Sundays, and today was Sunday, so I started looking for blueberry/peach recipes. I personally prefer crisps to cobblers, so I gravitated toward those recipes.

I found one on The Sisters Dish blog which sounded good. Click on the link for the recipe.


You start with blueberries.


Peel the peaches and chop into small, bite sized pieces.


Add cornstarch & sugar.


Add some lemon juice & lemon zest. I didn't add the zest - I was in a hurry and I have never zested before and I didn't want to take the time to learn how. Mix ingredients together.



Spread the mixture into a baking dish.


For the topping, combine brown sugar, sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, chopped walnuts, and butter.

Cover the fruit mixture with the oat/flour mixture.





Bake.




Eat. This was absolutely delicious! We ate it while it was still nice & warm. Yum!


I added the The Sisters Dish to my Google Reader. They won me over with this Blueberry Peach Crisp recipe!

1 comment:

  1. I will be looking this recipe up! Thanks, Laurie! Love your blog!-Adrienne

    ReplyDelete