Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

What am I Reading?


I finished Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns. I liked it - it was a good read. I did have some issues with the dialect (is that the right word??) It wasn't until I was half way through the book, that I finally figured out that "cudn" meant cousin. Because of the "southern/country" vocabulary, it took me a little longer to read. I finished it about 3 days after book club met to discuss it.







 I read "Mr. Darcy Goes Overboard" by Belinda Roberts. This was an impulse buy. I was at Sam's Club and saw this book for only $6.99. It is a modern day Pride and Prejudice tale. Though for modern day, some of the phrases were a bit old-fashioned. It took place in an English seaside village. Pemberley was the name of a yacht. It was fun, but a little too ridiculous in some parts.



Romantically Challenged by Beth Orsoff was an inexpensive Kindle book that I purchased months ago. I really liked this one. I had read another book by Orsoff, which was also good. Romantically Challenged was a fast read, definitely chick-lit. It was a bit predictable, but I didn't mind. It ended a bit abruptly, right after the heroine finally ends up with the guy. When I went to enter it on my shelfari page, I discovered that there was an epilogue on the author's website. After reading that, I felt much more satisfied.


There are times I am reading more than 1 book at a time. I'll keep one book in the car and another one in the living room. I am also reading, Danielle Steel's  Big Girl. This is what I've been keeping in the car as I have shuttled kids to various appointments.

 I am getting ready to start reading Tanya Michael's latest book, "A Mother's Homecoming". Tanya is a Cobb County, Georgia author and I have enjoyed reading her other titles.

I am still working on To Kill a Mockingbird. Okay, I will be honest. I haven't made any more progress with it. I'm not giving up on it, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment