Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pony Hair Streamers

Last fall I became obsessed with Pony Hair Streamers for Hannah.  Those are the cute ribbon pony tail thingies. I like hair bows, too, but I just can't make a bow to save my life. That's one of reasons I fell in love with the pony streamers - there are no bows involved! I picked up a few at a booth at a local school's fall festival. Then I started searching online. I bought a few on Ebay. I even got to choose my own colors for some. Then I came across an Etsy shop that sold a "No Sew" pdf instruction e-book. I knew that this was my calling. I purchased the e-book and got started making my own pony streamers.

I bought some ribbon. Then I bought some more ribbon. And more ribbon. My new obsession wasn't pony hair streamers, it was collecting ribbon! A girl can't just have one pony streamer, right? She needs different colors and themes to go with different outfits and seasons!

Here are a couple of views of my ribbon. I really need to organize them a little better.



I made a few last year, but probably no more than 10. My enthusiasm for the pony streamers quickly faded.

Well Hannah's dance starts up this week. Her dance company was assigned the color light blue. Last year's pony streamer isn't going to work this year! It's time to get out the glue gun and the ribbon.



Here are the supplies I used. The lighter is to heat seal the edges of the ribbon to keep them from fraying.


 And here are the finished pony streamers that I made this week.

Maybe I will be motivated to make some more this fall.




No comments:

Post a Comment