Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Altered Composition Notebooks

Hannah needed 7 composition notebooks for school this year. We were at Target picking up school supplies and Hannah found some cute ones with colored photo images on them. She started to pick out 7 different ones when I noticed that they were $2.50 each! I let her keep two of them, but I made her get plain ones for the rest.

She was a little disappointed about having to get plain ones, but she was really good about not complaining about it, so I decided to decorate her plain ones for her.
 
I started with a plain composition notebook  - 40 cents from Target. 


I traced the notebook onto various printed scrapbooking papers, then cut them out. I used a corner rounder on 2 of the corners of each paper. I used Tacky Tape to adhere the paper onto the notebooks.


I covered each notebook with clear Contact paper when I was finished to protect the covers from tearing or smudging.  
 
 
Here are the finished ones. 


Hannah's dance company colors are purple and zebra print. 

 I thought this one was so pretty and delicate.
 

 Orange, pink, and brown polka dots.

 Tiny white flowers on turquoise.

For the last one, I printed out a bunch of pictures of her and her friends and pets. This one was her favorite one of all. I put the pictures on both sides of the notebook.

I was so pleased with how they turned out. Hannah is requesting more decorated notebooks for herself.


1 comment:

  1. Funtastic idea, Laurie! Very cute! and a great way to use extra papers!
    Plus u compromised...saved $ & made Hannah happy too!
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete