Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Caramel Cupcakes

I think I have mentioned before that we eat dessert twice a week - on Fridays and Sundays. Sometimes I whip up something special for dessert, other times the kids just select a Skinny Cow frozen treat or something like that. This past Sunday I decided to do something with some leftover cupcakes I had from last month when I was preparing for my friend's cupcake battle. At the last minute, I had been doubting my Butter Beer cupcakes, so I made a batch of caramel cupcakes as a backup. In the end, I decided the Butter Beer ones would do, so I froze the un-iced caramel ones.

To create the caramel flavor cupcakes, I made a basic white cupcake batter and added a lot of Tastefully Simple's Creamy Caramel Sauce to it.  I had tried this the very first time I had played around with different flavors and it had been one of my husband's favorites. Chris was picky about the cupcake flavors and textures, so because he had liked it was the main reason I had it as my backup cupcake. Since I didn't end up using them, I tossed them into a freezer bag and stuck them in the back of our spare freezer.

It was so nice not having to make the actual cupcakes this time. All I had to do was make some butter cream frosting. I didn't even follow directions this time. I just combined some butter and powdered sugar. Instead of adding milk, I added caramel ice cream topping (not the Tastefully Simple one this time - it would have been too thick).


Here are the finished cupcakes. I drizzled more caramel on top.


This was so easy! I think I may freeze more plain cupcakes in a variety of flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment