Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Scrapbooking Goal

I love to scrapbook. However, I don't often make the time to do it. Last school year I completed 42 pages. Most of those were 2 page layouts. 42 pages wouldn't be so bad if we weren't taking more pictures! I might actually be able to make some progress if that was the case.

The kids just started a new school year. I thought if I set a goal and blogged about it, I might actually follow through with it. There are about 36 weeks of school. I have set my goal as a minimum of 8 pages per week. I chose 8 pages because that it was I have done this week - if I made it bigger, then I would already be failing my first week! I have tons of scrap kits, so it should be an easy goal to meet. If I complete at least 8 pages a week for the school year, I will have a minimum of 288 pages finished by the time school lets out in May.

I make one (or sometimes two depending on how many pages) album for each year. I am currently working in summer of 2007. Once I have the yearly albums under control, I want to work on some other albums. I want to do one for each child of all their professional portraits and team pictures, a Scout album for each child, and then I still have baby albums to do, too.


Here are the pages I did this week.

 This first one is using a kit I ordered from www.outonalimbscrapbooking.com. I blogged about them this past spring as "one of my favorite things".



This one is from a kit by TLC/Top Line Creations. TLC was a home-based scrapbooking party biz that went out of business in 2008.


 This one is a kit from Lott's to Scrap About. It is a company that is a lot like Out on a Limb scrapbooking. This particular page kit is a religious mission page. I just used my own title to create a general page. In fact, I have purchased several of their mission type pages because they do work nicely for those basic, no-theme pages.


And this last page is another one from Out on a Limb Scrapbooking.


With all of the kits I already have, I think my goal is pretty reasonable. The only expense I will have are printing out my photos and ordering more adhesive. That should make my husband happy! And I will be happy if I can get caught up a bit!


1 comment:

  1. Laurie,
    U R SIMPLY AMAZING!! I wish I knew then what I know now about u...if I still lived in GA but with my current stay-at-home-situation that I have now, we would be scrappin' together...achieving all kinds of scrapbooking goals...I'd bring chocolate!!!
    BTW, Good for you! If anyone can achieve it, it's u!
    Sincerely, Adrienne

    ReplyDelete