Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What am I Reading?

My reading has slowed down a bit. I hardly read at all while we were in California. I read 1 quick HQ (Harlequin) Romance book and that's it! I usually read a couple of those a month, but I don't include them in my blogs. It's a little embarrassing to admit that I read them, but I love that they are quick & light reads.

Before we left, I read "How Nancy Drew Saved My Life" by Laura Baratz-Logsted. It was a bit slow getting into, but once into it, I couldn't put it down. A friend of mine suggested that I read and lent it to me.


I read Kristan Higgins "Catch of the Day". Another quick, fun read. I was comparing Kristan's books to another favorite author of mine, Katie Fforde and I have come to the conclusion that their style of books is very similar. Kristan's are just an American/East Coast version while Katie's are Great Britain. I love them both!




I started and finished Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. I blogged a few weeks ago about how I was going to start reading one classic a month because I felt that I was lacking in that genre. The first half of the book was quite slow moving. I could only read 1 to 2 chapters at a sitting. I kept looking at the bottom of my Kindle to see how much I had read and it was under 20% for the longest time. Once I got about half way into it, I couldn't put it down. I was very familiar with the story line since I had seen several movie versions of it, but this was my first time reading it. In the end, I LOVED it! Last night I started watching the Colin Firth version of it. It is much easier to keep up with all the characters after reading the book. My husband is watching it with me (sort of - while playing games on his droid) and he made a comment about the large number of characters.

I am putting an image of Colin Firth instead one of the book cover. Why? Do I really need to answer that???? Enjoy~




After Pride and Prejudice, I read yet another Kristan Higgins book, called "All I Ever Wanted". I read it in a day. It saddens me that I may be running out of books by Higgins to read!


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment