Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Scampers, the Fancy Rat

I have posted about the hamster and the dog, but haven't posted about Scampers, the Fancy Rat yet.

About 1 1/2 years ago, Hannah was begging for a pet. At that time, our cat was about 18 years old, so I told her absolutely no kitties. I tried to get her to just wait until the cat passed away before getting any type of pet, but she stood her ground. My husband convinced her that a rat would be the perfect pet. He told her that they were extremely smart and easy to train. So that is how we ended up with a rat.



Scampers enjoys climbing up and down the stairs.

He always stays near us and doesn't wander off very far.



Here he is on Hannah's head.


I used to be a bit squeamish about rats. But I have become rather fond of this rat. He gives little ratty kisses. He's fun to watch. I will hold him on my lap while Hannah cleans out his cage and he will stay with me the whole time and not try to leave. We love Scampers, the Fancy Rat!

No comments:

Post a Comment