Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Another One of my Favorite Things

About a month ago, I found some sleeping masks in the dollar bin at Target. My tween daughter has been using them on and off for the last couple of years. It's one of those girlie spa kind of things. I picked up a few for her that day at Target, but when I got home, I decided I would give one a try.

OMG! I LOVE it! I sleep much better in the dark, and the mask provides plenty of darkness. I thought it might be weird, but really, it's not. We have a half circle window in our bedroom that doesn't have any blinds on it. During full moons, there's a lot of light in the room. Plus the neighbors sometimes have a light on outside their house. My husband likes to watch tv before going to sleep. I would sometimes put the blanket over my eyes to shield the light, but then it gets hard to breathe. (I like to breathe cool air at night). He's been really good about turning the volume down and he puts the closed captioning on, too.

It also works beautifully for middle of the day naps! Not that I take many of those, but it sure helps to have a dark room!

It's something I would never have thought to use before. I remember Carrie from Sex in the City using one, and Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's but it really seemed like such a diva-thing and so-not for me. But hey, if it works.......


No comments:

Post a Comment