Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What am I Reading?

Things have been busy again, so my reading slowed down a bit. Since I last posted, I have managed to get a little reading in, so here goes.


"Text Me - A Tale of Technology and Love" was an inexpensive Kindle book that I purchased a few months ago. It is about a woman who is technology challenged in present day New York.  I enjoyed the storyline, though I find it hard to believe that there are 20 somethings out there who don't have a clue about modern technology! It was a quick read.



"My Jane Austen Summer" by Cindy Jones was an impulse buy on Amazon. I have a thing for modern day Jane Austen tales. This one was about a young woman who spends the summer working at a Jane Austen literary event in England.


James is participating in the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl this year. There are 20 books for his team to read and he must read at least 5 of them. I have decided that I would read the books along with him. "Swindle" by Gordon Korman is one of the books on the middle school list. I really liked it! It is about a group of kids who are swindled out of a rare Babe Ruth baseball card by the owner of the collectibles store and the kids devise a plan to get the card back.




I am currently reading "Killer Deal" by Sheryl Anderson which is book 3 in the Molly Forrester series. 

Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment