Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Stone Mountain

While we were at Stone Mountain Park for the Yellow Daisy Festival, we thought we would visit the top of Stone Mountain. We had been to the top of the mountain before Hannah was born, so we thought we were due for another trip to the top.


We had planned to take the cable car up to the top (and back down). It was mid-afternoon already and we didn't really have the time for a full on hike. But to our dismay, the cable cars were down for maintenance, so we had to scrap that idea.

So instead, we decided to do the "Sky Hike".



The Sky Hike is one of the nation's largest family adventure courses. We started out at 12 feet above ground. The next course was 24 feet above and the top course was 40 feet above ground.  We were harnessed securely for the adventure. We saw some little kids completely relying on their harnesses and just walking across the planks and ropes. Then there was me who was holding on to anything I could get a hold of!

Here's James making his way across one of the ropes. We weren't supposed to take cameras with us, but I did sneak a couple of pics.

At each platform, there was a choice between 2 different ways to cross. Usually there was a solid path and a rope path. Whenever I could, I chose the solid path. James and I called it quits after doing the 12 foot trail and the 24 foot one. My arms were killing me from holding on so tightly for dear life!!

Hannah & Chris continued on to the 40 foot trail. Since James and I were on solid ground, I was able to take more pictures of them.


Hannah LOVED it! (So did her Daddy!) James and I felt good about doing it, but immediately afterwards, we weren't sure if we would do it again. However, the next day both of us had decided that we might do it again. Still not sure if I would do the 40 feet one though!





When Hannah & Chris were finished with their "hike", they decided to climb the rock wall.


Chris climbed up to the top pretty quickly. It was not his first time rock climbing.


Hannah only made it about half way up. It was her first time doing anything like this and we were proud of her attempt at it. I know I sure couldn't get up that far!!

We have decided that we definitely need to go back to Stone Mountain park! We still need to get Hannah to the top of the mountain, but there is still a lot for us to do there.

No comments:

Post a Comment