Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

What am I Reading?

I've been a little slow with my reading lately. Since I last posted, I read Marian Keyes The Brightest Star in the Sky. The story was good and I enjoyed it, but it was a bit confusing. The chapters were numbered backwards and I didn't quite get that. Afer a few chapters I started ignoring the chapter numbers. The story was about several different characters and I did get some people mixed up a bit.




I finally got a hold of a copy of Janet Evanovich's Smokin' Seventeen. I had been waiting for my turn at the library all summer! It was a super fast read and I actually enjoyed it more than the last couple of books in the series. I am excited that I don't have to wait as long for her next one which is due in November.



I read Jennifer Weiner's Then Came You. This was the first book by Weiner that I have a read in a few years. I read her earlier books and enjoyed them, but then her books started taking a more serious tone and I couldn't get into them. I did enjoy this one a lot. There are four main characters and I had some trouble keeping two of them straight. I kept mixing them up which made it difficult to understand at times.




 And finally, I finished reading Danielle Steel's Big Girl. The book was hard to get into at first. It is written in 3rd  person with very little dialogue. It was like reading someone's summary of the book. I didn't care for that at all. The story was fine and once I was 100 pages or so into it, things picked up. I haven't read any Danielle Steel books for about 20 years or so.


I haven't read anything on my Kindle for a while, so I am going to try to read from that next.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment