Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Cupcakes

There was a request of "sweets" for Hannah's dance company this week, so I made cupcakes!

I started with a batch of basic vanilla cupcakes and added caramel sauce. I've done this before and they turned out quite well.  This time, not so well. The batter was super thick and the finished cupcakes were all sunken in. They tasted alright, but I couldn't send them to dance. So they ended up in the trash. I reread the recipe and realized that I had forgotten to add the milk. That explains why the batter was too thick! I was multitasking that day and wasn't focusing on the recipe as much as I should.

I was out of caramel sauce and didn't really want to run to the store again. I noticed that I didn't have enough sugar when I started, so I had to run out and get some. I searched in the pantry and found a cake mix! I had purchased it with the thought of using them for cake balls, but hadn't gotten around to making them yet.

So I made milk chocolate cupcakes from a mix. But I did make a nice vanilla buttercream frosting! Hannah's dance company colors are zebra print & purple. I used zebra print cupcake liners that I had purchased from Sweet Estelle's Baking Supply



The buttercream is a light purple sprinkled with coarse sugar crystals.

No comments:

Post a Comment