Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

What am I Reading?

I finished reading Moloka'i before my book club met! I thought it was a very well written book. I enjoyed learning about all the history of Hawaii. The book begins at the end of the 1800's and follows the life of a young girl who has leprosy and is sent away to the leper colony on the island of Moloka'i. I was so enthralled with it that I was able to read it in just a couple of days.

I read the second "Emma Rae" book by Sandra Bricker. Like the first one, I got it free on Amazon.com for my Kindle. It is definitely a Christian book and was a bit preachy at times, but the story takes place in Roswell, Georgia which is not too far from me and I liked reading the references to local places.

The Cell Phone Lot by Stephanie Elliot was a very fun novella. It was also a free Kindle read. It is about a guy and a girl who meet in the cell phone lot at the airport while waiting to pick up other people. I enjoyed it so much that I looked for other books by this author and was disappointed to find that there are none. I did find the author's blog and am following that now.

In the holiday spirit, I bought Jennifer Conner's novella Valentine Surprise. It was a sweet story about a girl who was in love with her best friend's brother.


Lancelot's Lady by Cherish D'Angelo was about a woman who was the nurse to a dying billionaire. The billionaire decides to send her to an island in the Bahamas for a vacation where she meets his estranged son. I felt that a lot of the story line was unrealistic, but it was another Kindle freebie and I did enjoy reading it.

I LOVED Jane Millionaire by Janice Lynn. It probably has a lot to do with my fascination with reality tv. It was kind of like "The Bachelorette". The woman was on a reality tv show with a dozen bachelors in a European castle. However, she falls for the show's producer. This was also a Kindle freebie.

Christmas Chaos is another holiday novella by Jennifer Conner. This one was about a woman who gets trapped in an elevator with a guy on Christmas Eve.


I enjoyed the 2 novellas by Jennifer Conner, so I looked to see if she had anything else. I found a full length book by her that takes place in Scotland and involves kilts. It's called Kilt by Love. It was about a young woman who ends up on a bus tour of Scotland with a bunch of senior citizens. The bus breaks down in a village, so they have to stay longer in this village. She ends up missing the bus when it is finally ready to leave and stays longer.


So that's what I've read lately.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment