Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

What Am I Reading?

I finished "A Weekend with Mr. Darcy". It was about a literature professor who goes to a Jane Austen event for the weekend as a speaker. She falls in love with a man who is keeping the fact that he is the author of regency style romance books a secret. Not only is it one of her favorite authors, but he writes as a woman. I liked the book well enough, but I did not enjoy it as much as some of the other modern day Jane Austen themed books. 



I was super excited to read Murder by Mocha, the latest in the Coffeehouse Mystery series by Cleo Coyle. The book came out a few months ago, but I decided to wait until it came out in paperback because I was too cheap to pay the hardcover price. Finally, I broke down and bought the book.  I was ordering something from Amazon and needed $12 more to get the free shipping. I am a big fan of the Coffeehouse Mysteries and this book did not disappoint. I love reading all the coffee descriptions that Coyle puts in her books. One thing I really like about these books is that the heroine is not some young 20 something. She's in her young forties and more relateable to me. I am looking forward to the next one in the series.


I read Claimed by a Cowboy by Tanya Michna. I read a lot of romances, but more what I call "chick lit" as opposed to Harlequin Romances. Tanya participates in the same book club as I do,  and I think it's pretty cool having an author in the group, so I like to support her by reading her books. This one has been my favorite of hers so far. I couldn't put it down.



I also finished Buttercream Bump Off by Jenn McKinlay. I started it a few weeks ago, but I kept reading other things instead. I loved the cupcake descriptions - I was constantly hungry while reading this.

I read Victoria Dahl's Good Girls Don't. I saw it recommended on Chick Lit = The New Black, so I ordered it for my Kindle. I absolutely LOVED it! It's nice and light. The main character and her brothers own a Brewery and gets involved with a police dectective with a somewhat "wild" past. I could not put it down. I was thrilled to learn that it was the first in a series! So guess what I am reading now?



In case you didn't guess,  I had to start the second one in the series! And that is what I am currently reading.


Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment