Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Valentine Decorations

I took down all of the Christmas decorations in late December. I left my fireplace mantel empty. I really didn't want to get all of my non-holiday mantel decorations out just for a few weeks before it was time to put out the Valentine decor. I waited as long as I could, then I dragged out the box of the pink and red stuff.

I just recently started decorating the mantel for each holiday. I used to only decorate it for Christmas. But over the years I have become very unhappy with my everyday mantle decor, so I started purchasing items each holiday.


Here is the picture of the whole mantel.

A few close ups of the decorations.




I also hang a few holiday items in the front hall. 




Ever since the kids were little, I have decorated the windows by the front door with holiday gel clings. I used to try and reuse them each year, but they tend to get covered in pet hair, so I just throw them away at the end of the season. I have gotten in the habit of buying them on clearance after the holidays.

The front door.


None of my decorations are anything spectacular, but I enjoying getting them all out. Maybe one of these days I'll find some really fabulous items for my mantel and I'll stop decorating for the little holidays. I'll keep these up through February. In March, I will put up St. Patrick's Day decorations. Then in April, the Easter stuff goes up. Then I'm done until July when the patriotic decor comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment