Pages

Friday, January 8, 2016

Vending Machine for Blue Books & Other Testing Material

Back in the old days, (this would be the late 80's)  we were given our testing "Blue Books" by our teachers and professors. Imagine my surprise when we took our son on a recent college tour and saw this vending machine in the commons area.



With the costs of college these days, I don't understand why the students have to provide their own testing material! I would think that would be more likely to lead to cheating and dishonest work. You could write some notes in it ahead of time. I guess the teachers could inspect each one upon arrival to class to make sure they are blank!

You can purchase a pack of 50 on Amazon for $24. I know that I didn't go through that many during my 4 years of college. Why can't that fall under the "student fees" portion of college fees?  As a former teacher, I know that I would probably just buy the booklets out of my own pocket rather than asking the students to purchase them.

Just another reason why the "Good Old Days" were so good!






No comments:

Post a Comment