Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Summer Trip to Indy


Hannah & I went up to Indianapolis for a short trip to visit all of her grandparents.

We drove up on Sunday. We left nice & early so we could arrive early at Dad's. However, our efforts were thwarted by construction on I-65 in Southern Indiana and we arrived about 2 hours later than we had expected.

On Monday, we went to the Hamilton County Fair. When I was a kid, I was very active in 4-H, so the county fair was an important part of our summers. Hannah was excited to see all the animals.


It made me sad that 4-H isn't that big in North Georgia. I know Hannah would have LOVED to be a part of it. Of course, I probably wouldn't let her have a llama.
 Or a chicken.....

or any sheep.....

The food at the fair was super cheap! Here Hannah is enjoying a Lemon Shake Up. We also enjoyed cotton candy, soda, & the Farm Bureau chocolate milk shakes. Back in the day, I remember those milk shakes were sold for 25 cents. They were $2 each now, which is still a bargain.

On Tuesday, we met Chris' mother for a nice breakfast at The Original Pancake House.

Then we went & visited Chris' stepmother. Hannah wanted to visit the cemetery to see Chris' Dad, so we took Jeannine with us. That's something Hannah wants to do every time we're in town.

On Wednesday, we drove out to North Salem, Indiana to visit my mother. This was our first visit to the cemetery since she had been buried.

Hannah & I had a very nice lunch with my longtime friend, Joan in downtown Carmel. Joan & I met in high school & worked at the Carmel Clay Public Library together. We both went to Indiana University, so just about every Friday night, Joan came over to my dorm so we could eat dinner together. We continued that tradition even after I started dating Chris.

Then on Thursday morning, we said our goodbyes and headed back to Georgia. Here is Hannah is Grandpa Karl. It was a short, but sweet trip. It's difficult living so far away from our family at times.


No comments:

Post a Comment