Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Duran Duran Appreciation Day

Yes, today is Duran Duran Appreciation Day. I didn't know it even existed. Evidently it's been a thing for several years now.

Back in the 80's, I was a huge Duran Duran fan. Here are a few pictures of what my bedroom looked like circa 1985.


I had a few Duran Duran posters on my walls.



 


Here's a picture of me.


Unfortunately, Duran Duran never toured in Indianapolis back then, so I never had the chance to see them. That is until 2005 when my sister invited me to Las Vegas to see them at the Hard Rock. So of course, I did what any self respecting nearly 40 year old mom would do. I took my kids out of school and we flew to Vegas. In all fairness though, James was in 1st grade and Hannah attended a MMO program.

Bethany was able to get me into a small, private acoustic performance of the band.


Here's a picture to show how close I was to band.

There was a Q/A session with the band.

And here I am (far left). John Taylor had his arm around me, but that was cut out of the picture.

Here's my sister with the band.


That same evening, we got to attend a full on concert while seated in the VIP section which was very cool. Duran Duran came to Atlanta in 2011, so I got to see them in concert again. I blogged about that concert here.


No comments:

Post a Comment