Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

Attack of the Morning Glory

Back in 2012, I posted a blog entitled "Attack of the Wisteria Vine" . Now, 2 years later and a new house, we have "Attack of the Morning Glory".

I have never grown Morning Glory before & I have been enjoying them. The previous home owner had the vine under control. I have not. My husband has asked that I get them under control, so I took some pictures this morning before I work on them.


Here's a view of my deck. The vine has worked it's way up to the second floor deck.


It's found it's way in more than one spot, too.

Here's the view from down below.



It sneaks around the patio.


It's taken over other plants.

It's getting caught up in our lights.

And our wind chimes.

Behind the hot tub.

I really do like them. I just need to train them to wrap around certain things. Not chair legs, or other plants. They are very pretty. And I love how they open & close depending on the time of day.

2 comments:

  1. This is funny Laurie! I had dark purple morning glories on my deck in Carmel and loved them too - the first year. They came up the 2nd year and got out of control - but not as bad as yours LOL! I'll have to show this to my husband - he warned me about them and he was the one that had to help me kill them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine suggested that I "get rid" of them several months ago & I was offended! But they're so pretty! I am now understanding her comment!

    ReplyDelete