Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2014

More of Dad's Slides


Back in December 2013, I converted about half of Dad's slide collection. Seven months later, I finished the job.

This batch was primarily of photos taken in the late 1950's when Dad was stationed at Ladd AFB/Fort Wainright in Fairbanks, Alaska.


I liked the old signs in this picture.


Unknown friend with Ladd AFB Sign.


This is my Dad. He had an accounting type job in the army, so I'm wondering if this was where we worked.

Here he is in his dress uniform.

I loved seeing the pictures of the old stores & streets.

Alaskan scenery

Dad at Mount McKinley.

Dad in his old Lizton HS letter jacket.

Gear

Dogs

Soldiers on skis

More scenery


Another street view

Then there were some pictures from the early 60's too. Here's my Dad's parents with my mom at Tom Sawyer's fence, according to the sign.

My grandfather


There were several pictures of kitties on the farm.

I loved this kitty photo!

And a picture from 1975 when we had our Japanese exchange student, Junko. Junko brought a kimono for mom. Isn't Bethany cute??

I am very happy to be finished with all the slides. I can return them to Dad, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment