Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

What I am Reading? April 2014

I can't believe I haven't blogged since May! I blame it on the trip to England! It was so much work to blog about everything, that I must have decided to just take a break from it. But I'm back!

Here's what I read in the month of April.


The Box on the Wooden Box is another HRRB book for the 2014-15 school year. It is the memoir of a man who was one of the youngest Holocaust survivors to be on Oskar Schindler's famous list. Very well written and difficult to put down.

True Love & Other Lies by Whitney Gaskill was a typical chick-lit book. It was a fun, easy read.

Rumour Has It was so cute! It's about a young woman who moves into a small town where there's lots of gossip. Quick paced and fun.

Second Chance Christmas is another book in the Colorado Cades series written by my friend in my book club. Although it is a true paperback romance and follows the standard romance formulas, I enjoyed it. Tanya does a great job of developing her characters.

The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton was the April book club selection. I was the one who chose it - I found it on Good Reads as one of the best books from last year. It did not disappoint! The book is set in England in modern times, but goes back to the World War 2 era. I read this right after we returned from England so I was able to visualize the scenery really well. There were also some references to Victory Gardens and Punch & Judy which were both things I had seen on the trip. There's a surprise twist ending which caused me to rethink about the whole book for days after reading it.

Socially Awkward was a little disappointing. It was about woman who develops a fake Facebook profile for her graduate research project. With the popularity of social media, there was the potential to be a really great story, but it fell a little flat.


I am closer to getting caught up!


No comments:

Post a Comment