Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

What am I Reading? January 2014

Here are the books that I read in January, 2014.


I was very excited to see a new Janet Evanovich book out. This is number 20 in her numbers series. The series started out strong, then somewhere in the teens, I felt that they lost something. The last couple that I had read reminded me of the earlier ones. This one did not. Don't get me wrong, it was entertaining. It just wasn't as good as some of her others. In fact, it was a bit silly in times. In the beginning, there's a giraffe running around New Jersey. He makes several appearances in the book.


The Rosie Project was such a cute book! It is a romantic comedy told from the male perspective. The male just happens to be very similar to the Big Bang Theory's Sheldon.


I read White Fire which is a new title in the Agent Pendergast series. This one takes place in a posh ski resort town in Colorado. Agent Pendergast didn't appear for the first couple of chapters, so I wasn't sure he was even going to be in it, but he did. Lots of suspense.

The Supermodel's Best Friend was a cute "chick lit". The main character happens to be best friends with a beautiful supermodel. The supermodel is getting married in a destination week-long wedding.

I enjoyed London Falling by Emma Carr. A cute story about a young American woman who gets stranded in London.

Doubting Abbey if you haven't guessed, is a play on "Downton Abby". It's about a young woman who is asked to pose as a her friend in a reality tv show about saving an English mansion. Very cute!


That's all for now.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment