Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

What am I Reading? (2013)

2013 wasn't a year for reading! According to Shelfari, I only read 34 books last year. To compare, in 2012 I read 121 books. In 2011, I read 157.

I blame my lack of reading this past year to losing my mom, putting our house on the market, & moving. Those sound like reasonable excuses to me!

My last post of "What am I Reading" was in May. So here's the rest of my short list from 2013.


Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children was a book club selection. I was absolutely fascinated with it. The author started with a bunch of old photos and wrote the story around them. There's a sequel that I need to read.

I chose this James Patterson book because of it's popularity. It was entertaining, but I really wasn't satisfied with the ending. It may have been intentional to get me to read the next one.

I actually read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It was another book club read. It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. I actually enjoyed it. My husband has been a fan of the Douglas Adams books. I do want to see the movie version, but I have no desire to read the others in the series.


A Grown Up Kind of Pretty was also for book club. Even though I didn't read much last year, I did read most of the book club selections! As I write this, I don't remember a whole lot about the book. I did enjoy it though.

Blind Dating was a romantic comedy about dating in the world of computers and such. It was an easy read.

Tuesdays at the Castle was one of the titles in the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl competition that my daughter participated in. I only read 2 of the titles this year, much to my daughter's disappointment. This one was so cute! I couldn't put it down. Very suspenseful.

And my last read in 2013 was Kristan Higgin's A Perfect Match. Her books are so fun! The setting is a vineyard, so lots of wine stuff going on.


That's it. I am quite embarrassed by my lack of reading this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment