Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

What Am I Reading???

I finished reading Victoria Dahl's Bad Boys Do. It is book 2 in the Donovan Brothers Brewery series. It was another super fast read.  I love that the books take place in a brewery. The last book revolved around the lone sister. This one focused on the middle brother.



As soon as I finished Bad Boys Do, I immediately downloaded the third book in the series. This one was called Real Men Will. It centers around the oldest of the 3 Donovan siblings. I LOVED it! I was disappointed when I finished because according to author Victoria Dahl's website, it's a 3 books series and that was the third book. I would love to read more about the characters. They were so much fun to read!




The next book that I read was The Bride's Baby by Liz Fielding. It is a Harlequin Romance that I got for free when I first got my Kindle over a year ago. It was an okay read. I was entertained while on the treadmill, but nothing spectacular. I don't read a lot of "Harlequin Romances", but it was on par with the ones I've read. The lead male was a roguish billionaire who was really quite a jerk. I guess if you have a lot of money you can act that way?!?


I read another "old" Kindle book called Irresistible Forces by Brenda Jackson. I was attempting to clean out some of the books on my Kindle by reading some of the first ones I had downloaded. I found it a bit unbelievable. It was about a young, successful woman who asks a wealthy business client of hers to father a child with her. It was very "steamy" which I don't have a problem with, but it got a bit repetitive after a while.




So after reading these romances, I decided to go for some  British Chick Lit by reading An Offer You Can't Refuse by Jill Mansell. It was about a young woman who is paid to stop dating her boyfriend by the boyfriend's mother. Then 10 years later, their paths cross again. This book made the time on the treadmill pass by very quickly. I even walked more than my 20 minutes on a couple of occasions.



I was so excited to learn that Gemma Halliday had a new book in the High Heels series. This one was called Fearless in High Heels. I liked this one, but not as much as some of the other books in the series. This one had a vampire theme and I didn't really care for that too much. Maddie, the main character was also 20 weeks pregnant which made some of the storyline seem a bit unrealistic.



Now with only a few days to spare, I am currently reading this month's book club selection. We are meeting on Sunday evening to discuss it. I put off reading it until now because since I read so much, I sometimes get my books mixed up! This month's title is Molokai by Alan Brennert.


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment