Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What am I Reading?

I finished Stephanie Bond's Baby, Don't Go. This was my favorite in the Southern Roads Trilogy. She says she is going to have at least one more book in the series, so I am looking forward to reading that in the future.


I also got to be a Beta Reader for another Stephanie Bond book called "Stop the Wedding". It was a book that she wrote many years ago, but never published. On her blog she was looking for beta readers, so I contacted her about it. Stop the Wedding was a cute, funny romance on par with many of her others. I really enjoyed it.


I read Before I Go to Sleep by S. J. Watson. A good friend of mine recommended this, so I had to give it a try. It was about a woman who has amnesia. She forgets everything when she goes to sleep, so she writes notes and journal entries to help her get through the days. It was full of suspense and the ending was totally unexpected. It was definitely one of those books you just can't put down. Thanks, Robyn, for the recommendation!



Being in the holiday spirit, I found several free and cheap Christmas themed books to read. The first one I read was A Cowboy for Christmas by Kristen James. It was okay. The cowboy started off as brooding and angry, but he did a 180 degree turn a little too quickly and unrealistically. I just didn't buy into the transformation. It was a quick and easy read and I was entertained, but not wowed.


I read A Superstitious Christmas by Tonya Kappes. This book was about a very superstitious family. A lot of the superstitions were a bit silly. However, I kept reading it and was beginning to enjoy it when it ended abruptly. It turns out that this more of a prequel to a book that is coming out in a couple of months.




I also read Sandra Hill's A Dixie Christmas. This book was actually 2 short stories. The first one was Blue Christmas and took place in Memphis with lots of Elvis references. The second one was about a Nascar racer who was trying to get back with his ex-wife. They were both quick reads, but I enjoyed the first one a lot more.



And finally, I read Taming the Highland Bride by Lynsay Sands. This is the second book in the Highlander series. I read the 3rd one over Thanksgiving. Although it is the 3rd in the series, it stands alone and did not cause any difficulties reading it out of order. I got this one through the library for my Kindle, so I am going to have to see if they have the first one now. There's something about Scottish historical romances.....


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment