Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Peppermint Cupcakes

My book group had a little Christmas party this past weekend. I was having troubles deciding on what food item to bring. I had recently purchased my very first stand mixer, so I decided that I should make something that uses a mixer.

Here's a picture of my beautiful new mixer. As I said, I have never had one of these before. I just used a hand-held one. I broke my hand held one a couple of months ago on some thick cookie dough. I bought a cheap replacement, but my husband suggested that I invest in a nice stand one. He didn't have to tell me twice! I soon bought one.



I decided on Peppermint cupcakes. I found a recipe by Candace Nelson (founder/owner of Sprinkles Cupcakes and judge on Cupcake Wars) for Vanilla Peppermint Cupcakes. The buttercream frosting was my favorite part.

No comments:

Post a Comment