Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pigeon Forge {Day 5}

On Wednesday of our trip, my parents took us to Dollywood. Dollywood isn't open every day during during the fall season, so we had the choice of Wednesday or Friday. We had a feeling that Friday would be more crowded, so we went with Wednesday. The weather on Wednesday was the coldest of our trip, but we still had fun.

The park didn't open until 2pm. The first thing we did when we got there was feed the ducks.


We split up from my parents. They wanted to catch a show, so we went to check out the rides. We rode the carousel.

Hannah & Chris getting ready to ride the Sky Rider.
 

James and Hannah on the Dizzy Disk.

Here's a view of the Dizzy Disk in action. When I was younger I would have loved this ride. In my old age, not so much. I just watched from the sidelines.

The Lemon Twist was like the Tea Cup ride.

James and Hannah on the Scrambler.

Mom & Dad met up with us in time to ride the Ferris Wheel.


Here are James & Chris at the top.

Hannah & I shared a car. I wasn't a big fan of the Ferris Wheel. It takes so long to get everyone loaded on it. Once it was in motion and not just letting people on, I was fine. Then after a few times around, the whole process of letting people off takes so long. I did text my sister when we were at the top.

Mom & Dad said they enjoyed the ride.

One of the residents at the Eagle Mountain Sanctuary. The eagles there are all non-releasable ones.

We got to go inside Dolly's tour bus. This bus was retired in 2009.

There was a cute 4-D movie of the Polar Express. When we got out of there, it was time for the Parade of Lights. Here's a somewhat blurry picture of Santa.

The kids rode the Lumberjack Lift.



After the ride, we met my parents for the Dollywood's Christmas on Ice show. Then it was time to go home. The park was up there with Disney in regards to the overall cleanliness of the park and the friendliness of the employees.  There are several rides we didn't get to ride due to not enough time, so we may need to go back one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment