Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

What am I Reading?

The Secret Science Alliance and the Copycat Crook is one of the titles for the 2012-2013 Helen Rufin Reading Bowl. James was on his school's team last year and Hannah has joined for next year. I'm attempting to read as many of the books as I can so I am able to help the team with questions, etc. This title is a humorous graphic novel which I was able to read very quickly.
 

The Spy Who Left Me by Gina Robinson was suggested to me on Amazon. It was inexpensive, so I decided to give it a try. I just loved it! It was about a woman who is in the process of divorcing her husband. Her main reasons for wanting the divorce is that he's a spy and never home. She goes on a trip to Hawaii with a group of women and guess who is staying at the same resort undercover on spy business? It was fast paced and lots of fun.



This book was also suggested to me on Amazon. The sock monkey on the cover said "Buy Me". I'm a sucker for sock monkeys! Husband for a Weekend is about Kim, a single mom whose mother is embarrassed to tell her family that her daughter isn't married. So she tells everyone that Kim is married to the baby's father. Kim's friend Tate offers to pretend to be her husband for a family reunion. This was super light and fluffy, but enjoyable. Kim's family is a bit dysfunctional which led to some funny scenes.

I was very excited for the release of Tanya Michael's second title in the Hill Country Heroes series. Tamed by a Texan was about a young woman who enters a reality cooking competition and falls for one of the competing chefs. I couldn't put this book down and I am looking forward to the next book in the series.


Three Cups of Tea has been on my "To Read" list for a couple of years. It was the most recent selection for book club, so I finally got around to reading it. I didn't finish it before book club met (no one else finished it either). The book is about Greg Mortenson and his work in Pakistan building schools. There has been some recent controversy about the book, but I read it without taking much of that into consideration. I really did like the book. Some of the chapters jumped around too much. One moment we were in Pakistan and then a few chapters later we were back in the USA. It was interesting learning about the people and culture. I finished it about 4 days after book club met.

After reading Three Cups of Tea, it's time for me to find something light to read.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment