Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Cake Balls & Cake Pops


Hannah wanted to make some Easter cake pops this week. Of course, after I start making them, she went outside to play with friends!

I made the little chick ones from Bakerella's Cake Pop Book.



I used a lemon cake for the cake pops. Lemon yellow chicks just sounded right. I made cake balls last year, but this was the first time I had ventured into the cake pops. My coating was not as smooth as I would have liked. I will definitely need to work on my technique.


I also had problems finding something for the eyes. We went to a couple of different stores in search of the perfect eyes. I ended up finding an old food marker at home, but it was barely working.

I stuck some styrofoam in the bottom of a basket and added some Easter grass to display the little guys.

I only made a dozen cake pops. There was only so much room on the styrofoam block! I made cake balls with the rest of the lemon cake. These were much easier. I think I may just stick to cake balls in the future.

The lemon was a nice flavor. Last time I made chocolate ones which were good, too. I used a variety of spring sprinkles to decorate the cake balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment