Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

North Georgia State Fair

I have gotten so behind on my blogging! I would like to blame it on the broken camera, but I know that's not the case. I still have pictures from before the camera broke that I haven't blogged about.

Anyway...yesterday the kids & I went to the North Georgia State Fair. In our 12 years in Georgia, this is only our second time going. It's larger than the Hamilton County fair that we used to go to when we lived in Indiana, but smaller than the Indiana State Fair.

It was Student day at the fair. From 12:30 - 2pm, students could get in for free and get free rides. James & Hannah looked around at all the rides. They really wanted to do the Fun House, but we didn't find it this year. That was the one thing that they remembered from our previous trip to the fair several years ago. They chose to ride the Himalaya ride.


There they go....

We paid a dollar each to see the "Giant River Rat" which was actually a capybara. I loved the signage.

We found an elephant ear stand.

We were given a choice of powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar on our elephant ear. I insisted on the cinnamon sugar. I have never heard of having powdered sugar on an elephant ear before. That would be a funnel cake!!

Hannah fed some goats.

James wanted to take this bunny home.

"But mom, they are only $20 each?" Like we need another pet at our house.

Hannah fed a snack to this sweet horse.

Hannah wanted to play a game. She chose won that guaranteed she won.

Here she is with her prize.

We only stayed for 2 hours. There was light rain on and off while we were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment