Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

What am I Reading?

With the start of the school year, I haven't had as much time to read these past few weeks. However, I did manage to get a little reading done.

Juliet by Anne Fortier was lots of fun! It's about a young woman who is a direct descendant of Juliet as in Romeo and Juliet. She ends up on a adventure/treasure hunt in Italy. One of the reviews I read compared it to The DaVinci Code. I have never read Romeo & Juliet, but I was familiar with the story. There were a lot of references made to it.


Man Hunt by Marissa Mackle is an Irish Chick-Lit. It's about a single woman who has been asked to be a bridesmaid for her cousin and is looking for the perfect guy to accompany her. It was a quick read.

I absolutely loved Sophie Kinsella's latest, "I've Got Your Number".  It's about a young woman who loses her cell phone at an important time. She happens to find another one in a trash bin and starts using it. It belonged to the assistant to a handsome business man who had just quit her job. The main girl then promises to forward any texts and messages to the business man while she borrows the phone. The story was cute. It reminded me of some of her earlier work. Some of the story takes place in the form of texts and emails.  Kinsella used a lot of humorous footnotes in the story that gave us a glimpse of the main characters inner thoughts. I read it on my Kindle so all I had to do was click on the footnote number and I was taken to that footnote.


Hooked on You was a Kindle freebie. It's about a single mom whose father hires a private detective on the premise of some threats against him and his family. The father's true intentions are revealed later. (I'm trying so hard not to give any spoilers!) It was a cute, romance.






Several months later, I have finally read Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird". I had never read this classic before. I had tried to start it several months ago, but then my book club decided that we would read it this year. I didn't want to read it too early, so I waited until it was closer to our discussion time. I thought it was a wonderful story, but definitely not a fast read. I really don't know why I hadn't read it before, other than it was never an assigned book for me when I was in school.



Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment