Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

What am I Reading?

I have gotten way behind with my "What am I Reading" posts.  I may have to catch up with more than one post.

My Last Blind Date is a short story by Susan Hatler. It was a cute romantic story about a woman who accepts a blind date on Valentine's Day.


Believe it or not, The Glass Case by Kristin Hannah was my first book by this popular author. It is also a short story. I enjoyed reading it and may venture to read a full length book by Hannah one of these days.


Sealed Forever was number 4 in Mary Margret Daughtridge's "Sealed" series. This one involves a Seal who discovers an abandoned baby. A little slow at times, but entertaining.

I really liked Janet Evanovich's Foul Play. It's one of her earlier books that was re-released a couple of years ago. It was very funny and at times a bit silly.

Lucy Kevin's Fall Fast is about a woman who is sent by the magazine that she works for to go undercover on a new reality tv show called "Fall for Mr. Right". I enjoy watching several different reality tv shows, so I enjoyed reading this fictional behind the scenes story. It was a cute love story.

Holiday Rush is a short story about a woman who works in retail during the holiday season and finds romance somewhere between Black Friday and the holiday sale season. It was a fun story.

His Secret Agenda by Beth Andrews was in my opinion, a typical Harlequin romance. It was quick, and easy to read. There's a lot of resistance between the boy and the girl, but it all works out in the end.

Katie Fforde is one of my favorite authors of all time. Summer of Love is one of her newer titles that hasn't been available (or at least that I could find) in the US. I bought a copy through the used books on Amazon. It was a bit hard to get into, but definitely worth it. It takes place in England and I had a bit more difficulty with some of the English slang than I usually do. It's about a single young mother who moves to the country and rents a little cottage next door to an older woman who is a friendly, motherly/grandmotherly type and who happens to have a handsome son who had a one night stand with the lead woman a few years ago.

 Friends with Partial Benefits is part of the Friends with Benefits series by Luke Young. It's about a 39 year old divorced woman who develops a relationship with the friend of her 21 year old son.  The friend is a few years older then the son and even though there was still a 13 year age difference between the couple, I was rooting for things to work out with them. I liked the story a lot. The other books in the series seem to revolve around some of the other characters that are introduced in this one. 


I read Michelle Betham's Bon Voyage in preparation of my recent cruise. This was about a woman who goes on a two week cruise with her mother and her best friend. It just so happens that the band "Bon Voyage", a popular boy band from the 90's is playing on the cruise and filming a reunion/reality tv show. Of course, the young women had huge crushes on the band members back in the day. It was a fun, light read and help to heighten the anticipation of my very own cruise.



Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment